The most portable notebook ?
Although MacBooks are known to be in a process of constant renewal, the Pro 13-inch model has changed the least. The most portable and least expensive of the range pro Apple stays true to Core 2 Duo Intel, and does not a advance to Cores i5 and i7. The only really significant technical change seems to be the transition from Nvidia 9400M graphics chipset to 320M. Apple has opted for the most efficient solutions offered by the Nvidia display shared memory and not those of Intel. Apple reserves the latter technology to MacBook Pro 15 and 17 “.
A lot of features from Apple
The 13-inch MacBook remains the same: the keyboard lit from the back and the multipoint touchpad clickable glass. Like all the new MacBook Pro, this last feature benefits from a scrolling iPhone , iPod and iPad. The connection does not change either: two USB ports, one FireWire 800 port , a SD card reader , a unified entry / exit, a Mini DisplayPort video output , an Ethernet port ( 10/100/1000 ) and Bluetooth . MacBooks Pro always have a reader / DVD burner. The screen also does not change : 13 -inch diagonal backlit LED with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
The MacBook Pro 13 is a very easy to use whether through a keyboard or touch trackpad. The slight increase in power is always good and is felt in reducing computation time for most tasks. Photo, video, audio, desktop , Web … the MacBook Pro does it all (editing HD video is a special case ). Although the MacBook 15 and 17 ” are undeniably more powerful, they come with bigger costs for only an extra option.
Test and review conclusions
The autonomy of MacBook Pro 13 is impressive: the DVD playback ( Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off, brightness 50% ) can last us up to 6 hours. It is undoubtedly an autonomous and thus mobile machine .
The positive points (pros)
- design, battery life, screen quality, good price.
The negative points (cons)
- no major improvements.
Technical specifications for MacBook Pro 13
• Dimensions ( WxDxH ) 2.41 x 32.5 x 22.7 cm
• Weight 2.04 kg
• Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or 2.66 GHz
• Bays and Drives 8x SuperDrive
• RAM 4GB
• HDD 250 or 320GB ( 5400 rpm )
• Display LED Display 13 -inch ( 1280 x 800 pixels)
• Graphics Controller Nvidia GeForce 320M 256MB
• Networks WiFi b / g / n, Gigabit Ethernet
• OS Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard
• Notebook Camera ISight
• Expansion / Connectivity Interfaces Two USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port, an SD card slot, Ethernet, AirPort Extreme ( 802.11n) 4 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR ( Enhanced Data Rate ) , mini display port, Audio I / O.